Thursday, September 14, 2017

2017 - September 14 - A.S.F.E.

I think I mentioned that Motorpsycho released The Tower last Friday. And what a monster album it is turning out to be. It's sprawling, yet cohesive, and there are some killer tracks on it. And today's song is one of them. The song is A.S.F.E. - or A Song For Everyone. Reviewers have noted the similarities with the opening riff and the Black Sabbath classic Paranoid, but I hear clearer Motorpsycho references throughout... To me, this song bridges their final album of the 90s, Trust Us, with the Barracuda EP. There is a guitar riff in here that is the brother of the riff from Psychonaut on Trust Us, and the verse reminds me of the Barracuda EP for some reason. And then the chorus brings it in to today, making it all new still...

And I love the great philosophical chorus: "There's a song for everyone and a singer for every song." This song really needs to be cranked up loud. Like really loud. "Look out, look out, it's bound to get weird"



No comments: