Saturday, October 28, 2017

2017 - October 28 - Ocean Cloud

So I drifted away from Marillion in 1989, when Steve Hogarth came into the band, and I really didn't take another look at them until my daughters got a new pediatrician. At one of the first appointments, I saw he was wearing a Marillion t-shirt - and it turned out he was a big fan (there is nothing like finding shared musical interests...). I started exploring their later work again at that point, and they had just released the album Marbles (2004). It was available both as a single and double cd - and I will admit that I found the double CD for download and listened to it. I liked what I heard, but put it away and stopped listening again - until fairly recently, when I ended up purchasing several post-Fish releases, including the 2 CD Marbles. And that is where today's song is from - and it really showcases what Marillion is all about now. Probably different than they would have been with Fish, but that is not a knock. However, I thought it a nice touch to present post-Fish Marillion in relative proximity to the last song I featured with him. Here is Ocean Cloud....


No comments: