Sunday, November 13, 2016

November 13 - The Machine On The Hill

If you look to the right on my blog, you will see there is a light blue picture stating that I am a NaNoWriMo participant - and with a number of words listed. This year, inspired by the fact that I have been able to maintain my goal of having at least one blog post about a song or about music every single day of the year in 2016, and feeling more confident about a committing to writing, I decided to sign up for National Novel Writing Month with the goal of completing 50000 words in November writing a novel. For those of you who have known me for a long time, you will know that I have been wanting to at least have written a novel for a long time - and now I am at least in the process of doing it. So far I am tracking ok, but I still have a long way to go. By the end of Tuesday, I should reach the half way point and be at 25,000 words - and I am optimistic about getting there. If I should start trailing, I have a few days off from work around Thanksgiving, so I can catch up then. And then there is always the possibility that I need more than 50,000 words for the novel. We'll wait and see. I might want volunteers to read what I have come up with so far, so if you are interested, please drop me a line - my email address is listed in my profile. The working title is Memory Games, and it is all about whether or not we can trust our memories.

I always listen to music when I drive, and one of the genres that seem to work really well for me is space rock, where the band locks into a groove and just floats away. Trondheim should always be a great place for music like that, and Black Moon Circle is a band that doesn't dissappoint. I think I discovered them because they are on Crispin Glover Records, which also houses some bands that have had members of Motorpsycho float in and out. Their 2014 album Andromeda is fantastic - just listen to the opening track, The Machine On The Hill, which is great music to write to!


No comments: