Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 30 - The Golden Core

The final song of November is also the final song featuring Anneli Drecker - at least for now. In 1994, Motorpsycho released Timothy's Monster, an album I have written about several times this year already. It is quite remarkable to me that I have spent so much time on an album that I really only have a casual relationship with - not because the songs are weak, but because I don't care for the production of it - the lo-fi sound simply isn't for me on all songs. However, when the songs work, they work beautifully, and that is the case with The Golden Core, which appears on top of lists of favorite songs for many psychonauts (Motorpsycho fans). I'm not a psychonaut in the traditional sense, as I haven't been travelling around Europe with them - but I am still considering myself a pretty solid fan - and most people taking a look at my record collection would probably agree with me. The Golden Core is the final track on Timothy's Monster, and it features Anneli Drecker once again. It is a long song, but it is well worth listening to in its entirety.


No comments: