Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 28 - Big Black Dog

It's the end of February, and I am already pretty certain that the three best albums of the year have been released. I am, of course, open for more great albums - after all, there are rumors that Tool will release another album - but what a start to the year. One album I haven't talked much about belongs to my favorite band, Motorpsycho of Trondheim, Norway. Here Be Monsters is the album, and it is their definitive album of the new millennium so far. I think they have done a lot of really good work in the 21st century so far, but their albums have been hits and misses - and sometimes pretty uneven. However, with Here Be Monsters, there isn't a single weak spot. Spin Spin Spin is the only cover song on the album - and it took some getting used to - but I now see how it fits in with the whole.

I could pick any track off the album, but the one I chose is the monster finale: Big Black Dog. Please listen - and buy the album. I know that is something people don't do as much as they used to now that so much music can be found on streaming services, but buying music is the best way to continually support the artists and ensuring new music coming.


No comments: