Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13 - Star Wars Theme (Best movies of 2015)

The first thing to say is that I have some movies I still want to see that were released in 2015. Ex Machina is one I have high expectations to but have yet to watch - and Creed is another one. That means that this list is very incomplete. Also, I have chosen to include a documentary that was not shown in the movie theaters, but that was shown on HBO - simply because it is that good. I also know there are other documentaries I want to see but have not yet seen, such as Spymasters. With those caveats out of the way, here are my top 10 movies of 2015:
  1. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
  2. Ant Man
  3. Inside Out
  4. Mad Max: Fury Road
  5. The Martian
  6. Going Clear:  Scientology and the Prison of Belief
  7. Trainwreck
  8. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
  9. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
  10. Spectre
I fully expect the last two movies to be replaced with movies like Ex Machina, Spotlight, Creed, and The Big Short - but I am ok with this list. I have really enjoyed movies that have been highly influenced by comic books, whether they are direct adaptations (Ant Man, Avengers) or with a very comic book quality (Mad Max, Star Wars). And, to celebrate that Star Wars is back, here is a slightly different version of the Star Wars Theme:

No comments: