Saturday, January 02, 2016

January 2 - Chlorine And Wine

I love best of lists. I am working on my personal lists for 2015, and I thought I'd use this space to highlight some of them. The first song is a latecomer - Baroness released their album Purple on December 18, and I am still digesting it. I was introduced to Baroness at Vertigo Records in Grand Rapids while I was working at Grand Rapids Community College and would make stops there frequently after work. I picked up Red and Blue, along with their early EPs before I started back at Montcalm Community College in 2010. Their double album Yellow and Green was released in 2012, and it blew me away (there's a great chance a song from that album will make it here sometime this year as well), and after 3 years, there was finally new music from this Savannah, Georgia based band. The lead off single was a grower for me, and here it is in all its glory: Chlorine and Wine.


Oh - and John Dyer Baizley does all of their artwork, along with artwork for other bands, Norwegian band Kvelertak among them.

No comments: