Friday, January 01, 2016

New Year's Day - January 1, 2016

OK - I have decided to challenge myself to write a new post every day this year - with one song per day. I will try to have personal anecdotes with every song, so you will know quite a bit about me after this year's optimistic 366 entries. If it goes well, I might consider continuing it beyond 2016, but first I have to get through this year...

For the first song, there really wasn't much of a choice. I will turn time back about 33 years, to 1983. The band U2 was making a huge political statement with the album War and the brilliant Sunday, Bloody Sunday, and while I didn't really hear them that well yet - I was too busy being 11, watching Return of the Jedi, and listening to Kiss - the album has made a huge impact. Today, while I am not listening that much to Kiss anymore, I am still watching Star Wars - but this time it is The Force Awakens - and today, I will listen to New Year's Day by U2.


No comments: