Sunday, August 07, 2016

August 7 - Black Sabbath

I don't remember how old I was, but was visiting my good friend Stig Erik when his brother Jan Olav come in to his room with music we needed to listen to. I am assuming I was around 11 or so, and it was going to change my musical taste forever. The album was Black Sabbath's debut album, named Black Sabbath, and the song also happened to be called Black Sabbath. Thunderstorms and church bells. It was a sense of doom I never had experienced before.

Fast forward a few years, and my cousin Stein was spending some time with us in the summertime. We ended up in the bargain basement of Playtime, the best record store Trondheim ever saw, and while he found a leather bound copy of No Remorse by Motorhead, I picked up a 4 lp box of Black Sabbath's first four albums called Hand of Doom. It was a Spanish pressing, so I believe the song titles were listed in Spanish as well.

Today's song is that very first song that Black Sabbath presented to the world on their debut album. Please enjoy Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath from the album Black Sabbath, originally released in 1970.


No comments: