Sunday, July 23, 2017

2017- July 23 - De Nære Ting

Today, my grandma would have turned 105 years old. I still miss her - just like I did a year ago. I miss the way she would make sure that I got enough to eat - and then some - before telling me I needed to lose weight. She would probably be all over my hair and beard, telling me that I needed to cut both - she used to be after my long hair when I was a teenager again. But I never doubted that she loved me. And I loved her.

She also loved music, especially old, Norwegian standards. I found a version of a song she loved that I am positive she would not like - but I like it, so I thought why not? She still liked the song, at least. And it is a beautiful song. The singer, Ole Paus, has an approach to singing that is similar to Bob Dylan - it's all about the feeling and not about perfect pitch... Here is De Nære Ting, a song about remembering the little things, originally made famous in Norway by Kurt Foss and Reidar Bøe, better known as Radiofantomene (The Radio Phantoms). Their harmonies were beautiful, but since I don't have that version in my private collection, I give you this one by Ole Paus. It is a song about remembering the little things.


And, for farmor, here is the original...


No comments: