Wednesday, July 26, 2017

2017 - July 26 - Praying

Since good pop music ended up being what I played yesterday, I think I can do one more. I wasn't a huge fan of Kesha's with her first two albums, but I have been a little bit more curious over the past few years as she has been struggling with some really severe issues involving the producer Dr. Luke. I am not one to judge in that case, but there is no doubt that there is a lot of hurt and pain on Kesha's side. I do know that sometimes great art can come out of great personal turmoil, and I am very glad to see that Kesha really has been able to channel her battles into her music. The first single off her upcoming Rainbow album is called Praying, and it moved me to tears. I was completely blown away by this - and I did not expect it.


No comments: