Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Farmhouse

Today seems like a good day for Phish (I was going to say go phishing, but then I realized the cybercriminality association with that, so I tempered my statement). This weekend I found myself listening to this song in my mind quite a bit - it's a song I keep forgetting about, but it is quite the catchy tune. Phish has a reputation of being better live than in the studio - they are so clearly a live act more than anything else (although I only have live albums to confirm this - I haven't seen them live yet) - but I have liked the opening and title track from their 2000 album Farmhouse since I first heard it. The lyrics have never been their strong suit, and that is the case for this song as well, but there is something about the chorus here that really gets to me. I would say this is music for a cabin in the woods or mountains for late nights with a nice fire going in the fireplace and no electric lights - what we Norwegians call hyttekos. It is a nice and warm song and well worth listening to.



No comments: