Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Hallo Spaceboy

Today's song is dedicated to Elon Musk. I am beyond excited that today is the launch for SpaceX Falcon Heavy to be launched - and with David Bowie's Space Oddity as the soundtrack. That means that song is a little bit too obvious to play, so I started thinking about Space Truckin' by Deep Purple, especially since a red Tesla is part of the cargo for the rocket, but I've already included that song earlier... But the Tesla has Spaceman behind the wheel - while it is a dummy, it provided great inspiration.  So... I found another Bowie nugget - you can never have too much David Bowie, after all...

The launch was a success, and the Tesla's onboard computer screen had two very appropriate words on it: Don't panic. Clearly a nod to Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. But what impressed me the most was the ability of both of the side boosters and the core to find their way back to earth and land successfully. It was awe inspiring to watch. And my guess is that if someone finds this Tesla in space, their first words would be in keeping with David Bowie: Hallo Spaceboy!


No comments: