Thursday, February 01, 2018

Isak

I have a great little song for you today. I have had the pleasure of seeing Baroness live twice now, and the next time they roll into town, odds are I will see them again - that's how good I think they are. Baroness has quickly risen to be one of my favorite metal bands - and their debut album, simply called Red Album (they have since released Blue Record, Yellow/Green, and Purple) is a great debut album - and the song Isak just simply blew me away. And so I feel like sharing the song with you today - but not just in the original version...


I have also included a live version from Philadelphia in June 2017. The only member that has been a constant in Baroness - and who is featured on both tracks - is singer/guitarist John Dyer Baizley. The latest update saw Pete Adams (guitar) leave quietly and on very friendly terms and Gina Gleason arrive. With the second vocals on Isak being in the higher register, I was excited to hear her take on it, and while there are shakier moments with the newest member in the live version, it still rocks (and yes, that is a long tuneup in the beginning...) 


No comments: