Saturday, February 03, 2018

Test Pilot

Sometimes when bands disband, I am ok with it. They have run their course, maybe even released a couple of rather crappy albums, and it's just time. Then there are bands that just get better and better, and then suddenly they are gone. Israelvis from Trondheim was one of those bands. They have not formally disbanded, but they really haven't done anything since 2010, when they did one concert and released a single - and their last album, The Israelvis Effect was from 2005. Granted, the last release before that was Eurosis from 1996, and I was lucky enough to catch them live around that time as well. But after 9 years gestation, The Israelvis Effect was an absolutely mindblowing album. I consider it their most complete release, and I would consider it a really spectacular way to finish a career - except I hear so much promise for even further development, especially seeing how they developed from Eurosis (which also was a great album, mind you).

From time to time, I take The Israelvis Effect out and listen to it - and if I only want to hear one song, I play Test Pilot. And if anyone who knows anyone in Israelvis happens to be reading this... Please, just please, let's have some more music. They are one of Norwegian rock music's best kept secrets. Versatile, funny, and innovative. And great musicians. And always focusing on quality over quantity, which is why I cherish their albums as much as I do.


No comments: