Sunday, March 13, 2016

March 13 - Stone Cold Crazy

When Metallica released their self-titled album also known as the black album in 1991, they became what undoubtedly is the most commercially successful metal band ever - at least through today, in 2016. The lead single off the album was Enter Sandman, which was a monster of a song and, honestly, shows just how damned good Metallica can be. Looking back at the album as a whole, it hasn't stood the test of time, at least not with me. I always go five years back to find their masterpiece: Master of Puppets. That doesn't mean that Metallica wasn't a good album, but it was the single Enter Sandman that still resonates with me the most. It didn't hurt that they took a great Queen song and made a cover of it to put as the b-side. I bought it when it was released, and I still love Metallica's version. Today's song is dedicated to Donald Trump and all his supporters: Stone Cold Crazy.


No comments: