Thursday, August 31, 2017

2017 - August 31 - Zerstörte Stelle

Yesterday, as I was playing Einstürzende Neubauten's Fünf Auf Der Nach Oben Offenen Richterskala (Five On The Open-Ended Richter Schale) at work - probably a little bit too loud - Brandy, my partner in counseling crime, asked what the hell I was watching, thinking I was watching a scene or three from Game of Thrones or something similar rather than enjoying some good music while I was working. I have had the album for some time, but not really listened much to it, so I was really excited to discover how great the album really is. However, I'll gladly concede that it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

The opening track is Zerstörte Zelle, which translated to English means disturbed cell. While my German is shaky at best, I can still recognize the emotional impact of this very disturbed performance, and that is what I respond to.


1 comment:

Admin said...

Nice article. Meanwhilie read entertaining top News stories and entertainment news