Tuesday, August 08, 2017

2017 - August 8 - Electric Worry

I first heard about the band Clutch watching the Food Network. There was a great show called Ace of Cakes, featuring very off-beat baker Duff Goldman and his bakery, Charm City Cakes, that ran from 2006-2011 featuring spectacular cakes. The office manager, Mary Alice Fallon-Yeskey, had a brother who sang in a band. That happened to be Neil Fallon, the singer of Clutch. They made an appearance on one episode, but it wasn't enough to get me sold.

A couple of years later, I was properly introduced to them by Heather, who worked in the Student Success Center for a while. And I got sold on their grooves pretty quickly. They are anchored by rock solid Jean-Paul Gaster on drums and Dan Maines on bass, who lay down a solid groove behind Tim Sult on lead guitar and Neil Fallon on rhythm Guitar and vocals. It's hard for me to classify their genre, and I really don't care all that much. I just know a good groove when I hear one, and Clutch provides them in spades... Today's song is from the 2007 album From Beale Street To Oblivion, and it also features Mick Schauer on organ. Electric Worry is based on Fred's Worried LIfe Blues by Mississippi Fred McDowell, and this groove better get your foot tapping!


No comments: