Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10 - I'm Broken

Today's song is the third and final song in a trilogy of groove based songs from the early 90s. I was never the biggest Pantera fan, but I'm Broken from 1994's Far Beyond Driven is to me incredibly infectious and a great way to end my spring break. Pantera kinda broke up in 2001 - it wasn't an official breakup, but lead singer Phil Anselmo worked with his side project Down and was joined by bass player Rex Brown, and the Abbot brothers, Dimebag Darrell (guitar) and Vinnie Paul (drums), started the band Damageplan. Pantera reuniting was not at this point out of the question until Dimebag Darrell was killed on stage by a fan during a Damageplan concert in 2004.

But, like I said, I was never a huge fan of Pantera, but I think I'm Broken is an outstanding groove metal song.




No comments: