Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 26 - Daughter

16 years ago today my life changed forever. I was still fairly new to the United States, I was still fairly newly married, and I was going to school. But none of that would compare to becoming a dad for the very first time. I remember sitting in the living room reading the book Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot by now Senator Al Franken, for some reason thinking that hitting the vital signs screen to see how they had changed was a good idea, and discussing computers with the doctor during the delivery. It was a strange day, but it was a beautiful day.

When we went in to the delivery room,  we had two names to choose between, knowing that we wanted to meet her first. After holding her in our arms, it was clear that she was an Emma and not a Nina. And today she turns 16.

It's funny how songs take on new meanings over time, and today's  song is no exception. I was a fan of Pearl Jam from the beginning. Today's  song is taken from their second album, Vs., and it's a beautiful song. Here is Daughter.


No comments: