Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 21 - Purple Rain

There really isn't much to say. Some artists are so great that only one name is ever used. Picasso. Hitchcock. Shakespeare. And then there are the ones who only use first name. I can think of three: Miles. Elvis. Prince.

 I will be playing Prince for quite some time now. This song is another album closer of his - Sometimes It Snows in April was also one of his great album closers - but tonight there will be rain, and it will be purple. Prince was a genius. I didn't like everything he did, but I still recognize his undeniable talent in everything he did. Thank you for the music, Prince Rogers Nelson.


1 comment:

Svein Sjøvold said...

Feels like snow tho. Rain and snow. And April. And sad. Very sad. I think he literally worked himself to death!