Saturday, April 02, 2016

April 2 - Firth of Fifth

I have really been listening a lot to Genesis again lately, and one son I initially just liked because I thought the title was cool has been playing over and over again - but now because I actually love the song. My favorite Genesis period was back when Phil Collins was the drummer, Steve Hackett played otherworldly guitar, Tony Banks played all the keyboards, Mike Rutherford focused on the bass guitar, and, my personal favorite, Peter Gabriel sang and played the flute. This lineup stayed together for four albums, released between 1971 and 1974: Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

Today's song is simply chosen "just because" - I love it and want to share it. From the mind of Tony Banks and released on the album Selling England by the Pound in 1973, here is Firth of Fifth



No comments: