Saturday, November 11, 2017

2017 - November 11 - Like Cockatoos

So for a third song it became really difficult. There are so many songs on Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me that I love, and listening to it again really is making it even more difficult, as I am remembering more and more, singing along more and more, and experiencing all the emotions music brings me (and that is pretty much all of them). However, I have to choose one, and Like Cockatoos has always drawn me in partly based on the rhythm, and partly based on the bass line. When I lived in Bergen, I was a very frequent house guest at my very good friends Jørund and Anne Grete's apartment, and Jørund had a keyboard that could program tracks. Playing around with the different percussive sounds, I built the drum pattern, then added the bass track. I used headphones, making me a recluse in their company (which may not have been a bad thing for them either considering how often I was there), but at the same time protecting them from the racket as I was developing this pattern.


No comments: