Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 29 - Addicted

Today's song had a visceral impact on me. I know I watched a performance of it on tv - maybe around the time the band called it quits in 1991 - although I am not sure. It was a full sensory attack. The hypnotic bass riff, the swirling noise from the keyboards, the manic vocals, and the way the singer was lit on stage - from the ground up, creating an amplified version of the old flashlight in the dark trick. Munch as a band was performance art, and it worked. It really worked on me. It worked so well that even today, 25 years later (it's been about 20 years since I last heard the song), I still know when it comes and get goosebumps in anticipation. "Full moon illuminate your soul." You'll know it when you hear it. You will be Addicted.


No comments: