Thursday, June 02, 2016

June 2 - Moon Over Bourbon Street

Music and literature has always gone hand in hand with me. I think that was one of the reasons I wanted to start writing a little bit more about music as it pertains to my life as well - not that what I am producing can be called literature in any way, shape, or form, but because I have always liked the way music weaves its way into my personal narrative. Sometimes, music has also guided me towards new literature, and I have to admit that Sting's Moon Over Bourbon Street is one of those songs. The song was inspired by Anne Rice's book Interview With The Vampire, which later was turned into a movie with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise in the starring roles. I had not heard of Anne Rice or this book until I fully listened to Moon Over Bourbon Street - and I was intrigued. I did spend some time in the world of Lestat as a result, and I actually enjoyed the movie as well. But it all started with a song on Sting's first solo album, The Dream of the Blue Turtles from 1985, and I think it is a great song for today!


No comments: