Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20 - Starship Trooper

This past weekend, I got a chance to see my esteemed colleague and friend Dr. James Brown perform with his band Comments of Aether. They play great progressive rock - all covers, and just about all of it from the late sixties into the seventies. Many of the songs they played are songs I love and songs that already have been played as a song of the day, such as Firth of Fifth and The Court Of The Crimson King. But then they played Starship Trooper. Although it was a rough opening, they did a pretty good job with it - and when James put his feet on the Moog Taurus and let the bass notes rumble our diaphragms (maybe not quite loud enough for it, but it was felt), I felt the power of the song - especially the final part, which I had to be reminded that I love dearly. It was a great night out with good company from Alison, Chris, and her daughter Sam, and of course James and Andrea. It's time to get your prog on this week, and here is Yes with Starship Trooper to get us started.


No comments: