Wednesday, June 08, 2016

June 8 - Mexican Blackbird

OK - so I have to admit that I probably shouldn't have been surprised about Arve's interest in country music. One of the tapes I got him for a birthday or Christmas present while in middle school (don't remember which, but I am fairly certain I did - although this might also have been one he picked up himself) was Fandango, which had one live side and one studio side, and on the studio side, there was this one song that he really liked a lot (actually he liked them all, I think - this is an awesome album). The way he described this song, you could tell he really felt the sand from the desert, and he tried to get me hooked on it. While I like the song, I thought there were better songs on the album, but listening to Mexican Blackbird there is no doubt where he gets his country voice from. It is a solid song from a great album.


No comments: