Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25 - A Change of Seasons

OK - I admit it. I am about 5 days late with this song, as the official first day of summer was on Monday. But it is a great song - the song that made me believe in Dream Theater again. I know I have talked about them before - and the song Home has already been featured. But A Change of Seasons was a huge factor in me realizing that Dream Theater actually could write songs, and not just musically masturbate their instruments over and over again. The form of self-gratification that you can hear in bands that are more technically proficient than is good for them is something Dream Theater does resort to, but they have just as many moments where actual emotions beyond lust towards their respective instruments come out of the speakers. Sure, there are elements in this song as well, but A Change of Seasons is a song well worth listening to.


No comments: