Monday, June 06, 2016

June 6 - Raining Blood

Today is June 6. That was the birthday of Damien Thorn in the 1976 horror movie classic The Omen. I still remember going with Jan Are to his uncle's apartment, and while we had a key, I clearly felt like we were sneaking in there to borrow the movie on VHS tape and watch it - and what a movie it was. Jan Are and I really enjoyed watching horror movies, and I believe The Omen was a favorite of both of us - for me it was THE favorite horror movie. I watched both sequels, but nothing quite could beat the first and best movie. It was directed by Richard Donner, who went on to direct Superman (the 1978 movie with Christopher Reeve) and the Lethal Weapon movies. But before that, he directed the movie that really set the bar for me as far as horror movies go. Oh - and watch the original with Gregory Peck and Lee Remick, not the remake from 2006 even though it stars Julia Stiles and Liev Schreiber.

To accompany this little memory, I decided to pull out Slayer, who Jan Are also introduced me to. And while it is tempting to play something from their album Christ Illusion, which was released on June 6, 2006 (wow, they are surely evil...), I am pulling a classic from the album Reign In Blood from 1986: Raining Blood.


No comments: