Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September 14 - Sha-la-la-la-lee

This week is turning into quite the hodgepodge of songs, as today I am heading into the 60s, more specifically 1966. The Small Faces was a band led by Steve Marriott on guitar and vocals and Roonie Lane on bass - and with drummer Kenney Jones, who joined The Who after the untimely death of Keith Moon, and keyboardist Ian McLagan.

At one point in my early teenage years, I found my parents' (mostly my mom's) old single collection. It was a spindle with probably 50 singles or so, and I resolved to hear them all. There were singles by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Mannfred Mann, and Herman's Hermits - and then there was The Small Faces. The first part of their career, they were signed to Decca, and they cultivated a rawer sound than on their later years on Immediate Records. There was a single from the Immediate years there Itchykoo Park - an then there was today's song, which I immediately took a liking to. That song was today's song. From 1996, here is Sha-la-la-la-lee.


No comments: