Friday, September 30, 2016

September 30 - The Grand Conjuration

Today I will be spending listening to Opeth's 12th studio album Sorceress. Opeth has travelled long distances musically, and the song that really got me into Opeth is a far cry from what they do these days. I do expect to play more music from Sorceress as well, but for now, I am going to let you hear Opeth with all the growled vocals (as well as the clean vocals they used to mix in). I sometimes struggle with what some people refer to as "cookie monster" vocals, but think that Opeth was able to do something really good with it (they have not been using it on their last three albums including Sorceress) - and The Grand Conjuration is really a great example of how they blend the two to great effect. The Grand Conjuration is from their 8th album (or observation), Ghost Reveries, which I picked up after seeing it at Meijer. It seems weird now that almost all music is out of the supermarkets that it could be a place to discover new music, but it was indeed where I first saw the cover that intrigued me. Then when I searched for the music online, this is what I listened to:


No comments: