Friday, September 16, 2016

September 16 - Into The Sun

In 1993, just as I was getting into Motorpsycho, they released a split single with another Trondheim band called Hedge Hog. I liked Hedge Hog well, and I knew one of the members and had friends who knew other members in the band (although Trondheim is Norway's third largest city, it's still pretty small), so I was very interested in both songs. Hedge Hog was a pretty good little band, but they didn't gain enough traction and I believe they eventually folded. Their song was solid - but Motorpsycho delivered a cover of a song called Into The Sun. I didn't know the original, but I eventually figured out it was by American Band Grand Funk Railroad.

It wasn't until recently I decided to track down the original. I liked the power and snappiness of it, so I thought it might be on their greatest hits collection. Nope. The live album Caught In The Act? Nope. But it was on Live Album - and what a version it is. That version is the song of the day - a great lead-in to the weekend.


No comments: