Friday, September 23, 2016

September 23 - The Ballad Of Dwight Fry

Today's song is once again played because of my middle school music teacher, Reidar Fiske. He allowed students in his class to give music presentations, and I think I did more than one, but the one I remember is the one I gave on Alice Cooper. The reason I remember it is about as nerdy as I am - it was the first time I was told about the conditional verb tense. One of Alice Cooper's later songs is I Wish I Were Born In Beverly Hills, which I proudly pointed out to be a grammatical error before Fiske set me straight and explained why.

I really like Alice Cooper - and really prefer the era when they were a band and not just the name of a person. There are many highlights, but my favorite is The Ballad of Dwight Fry.


No comments: